Figs Fresh 3 for £1.50 (3 for £1.50)
These fabulous fresh figs represent excellent value and are sure to be a hit at any dinner party! Click on the image to see a delicious way of serving these decadent delights.
Roasted fig clafoutis recipe
* 8 figs, halved
* 2 tbsp orange liqueur
* 100 g plain flour
* 2 tbsp caster sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 225 ml single cream
* 3 eggs
* 1 tbsp honey, warmed
* 1 tsp butter, softened for greasing
* 1 tbsp apricot jam
* thick Guernsey double cream, to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas4
2. Place the fig halves in a bowl, pour over the orange liqueur and set aside to steep for 30 minutes.
3. For the batter, whisk together the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and cream until it becomes a smooth batter. Beat in the eggs. Preheat a grill.
4. Drizzle the steeped figs with the warmed runny honey and grill for 5 minutes, until they have softened and the honey begins to caramelise.
5. Grease 6 ramekins with the butter and dust each one with caster sugar. Place 3 fig halves into each small dish and pour over the batter.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the batter has set and is slightly raised. Warm the jam in a small saucepan and use to brush over the top of each baked pudding. Cool slightly and serve each pudding with a large dollop of Guernsey double cream.