Fresh North American Cranberries.
Scientific research is revealing how healthful cranberries can be. Packed with nutrients like antioxidants and other natural compounds, cranberries are a great choice for the health conscious consumer. Cranberries are available in a wide variety of forms including these wonderful fresh fruits. Fresh fruit is generally available from September to December. Delicious with white meats as a sauce or added in baking such as cranberry scones. Include more cranberries in your diet and start eating healthier today.
Try this cranberry recipie
* 1kg cooking apples , peeled and chopped into small chunks
* 500g eating apples , peeled and chopped into large chunks
* 450g onions , sliced
* 50g fresh root ginger , finely chopped
* 1 tsp peppercorns
* 500g granulated sugar
* 250ml cider vinegar
* 500g cranberries
1. Place all ingredients except cranberries in a large heavy-based saucepan, then gently heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 50 mins, stirring regularly until the apples and onions are tender, the mixture has thickened and no watery juice remains.
2. Add the cranberries, then cook for a further 10 mins or so until just softened but not burst.
3. Spoon the hot chutney into sterilised jars and seal. Store unopened in a cool, dark place. The chutney will keep for up to 6 months. Chill on opening.
Your Basket (0)