Spinach 200g (200g)
This edible flowering plant is highly nutritional, being a rich source of Vitamins A, C, E and K along with calcium, iron and potassium.
Lamb & spinach pilaf
A lamb supper for under 500 calories, cooked in minutes and serves 4, just what you need for a midweek treat!
* olive oil
* 2 lamb leg steaks, cut into chunks
* 1 onion , sliced
* 2 garlic cloves , crushed
* 1 tsp cumin seeds
* 4 cardamom pods , lightly crushed
* 300g basmati rice
* 550ml chicken stock
* 100g spinach , washed and chopped
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add the lamb and brown quickly all over. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened then stir in the spices and rice. Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Turn the heat down and cook gently until all the stock has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Stir through the spinach for the last minute of cooking until wilted.