Curly Kale, grown in stokenteignhead,
Click on the image for recipe ideas.
The beautiful leaves of the kale plant provide an earthy flavour and lots of nutritional value for very few calories. Along with broccoli, it is probably one of the most outstanding of vegetables in terms of its nutritional brillance. It is high in vitamin C, folate and carotene as well as being a source of fibre and potassium.
* Stir-fry kale with fresh garlic and sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil before serving.
* Braise chopped kale and apples. Before serving, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and chopped walnuts.
* Combine chopped kale, pine nuts and feta cheese with wholegrain pasta drizzled with olive oil.
* The taste and texture of steamed kale makes it a wonderful topping for homemade pizzas.
* Young, tender kale leaves are a great substitute for lettuce in a sandwich
* Add shredded kale to stir-fries and use instead of spinach in recipes
Customers who bought this product also bought:
- Reduced price