*Try this using our delicious Veg!*
Smooth and scrumptious, this recipe will make a fine winter dish. Serves 4-6.
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1 kg (2.2 lb) carrots, sliced
* 1 kg (2.2 lb) parsnips, sliced
* 1 kg (2.2 lb) leeks, sliced
* 480 ml (16 fl oz) double cream
* 240 ml (8 fl oz) single cream
* 4 tablespoons brown mustard
* 4 tablespoons sage chopped
* wedge of parmesan grated
* salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Put on a pot of salted water to boil for the carrots and parsnips. While water is heating, sauté the leeks in butter until they start to lightly brown (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat. Add the carrots and parsnips to boiling water for about 3 minutes and drain. In a large bowl whisk the cream, mustard, sage, salt and pepper. Taste the mixture and adjust from there. Add all the vegetables to the cream mixture and gently stir to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a 9” x 13” baking dish, top with grated Parmesan and cover with foil. Bake at 400°F/200°C for half an hour.